How to get rid of annoying buzz in synths

RuSty1

I use NI Massive for designing my own sounds and I've noticed whenever I make a sound I always have annoying high frequencies appear. Sometimes it sounds like high passed white noise and I don't even have the noise oscillator on. Sometimes there is a very high buzzing noise.

I've tried eqing my sounds to cut out the annoying high frequencies but when I cut the highs it takes too much away from the sound. Eqing it just doesn't seem to work, I've tried it countless times.

I listen to sounds in other music and I've even opened some up into ableton to get a look at the spectrum of the music. Pretty much all the songs I've looked at have a straight cut at 16 kHz. The sounds in the tracks that I'm listening to (Mostly the lead sounds) they all have activity below the 16 kHz mark but it doesn't sound like the crappy white noise buzzy sound I get when making my own sounds. How can I achieve this?

How can I gain more control over higher frequencies in my synth patch? I know there has to be something there but this annoying buzzing is all I'm getting. It's like every sound I'm making is a super saw.

Every sound I make pretty much sounds the same due to there being the same white noise buzzy sound in my high frequency range.

Last edited:
Back