how to get the effect when the beat shuts down and starts up again?

ldub

hey fp how do you get the shut down beat effect on a song. like on this justin beiber song out of town girl the breakdown of the beat at about 2:35 the beat kinda closes then opens right up.. it sounds like the beat is getting shut down can someone explain to me what this is and how to get this effect

Vari Fi in pro tools.

Not the only way, but commonly used in commercially released songs.

Like Autotune isn't the only pitch tuner, but 9/10 was what was used.

your an ass..how am i stupid i asked a question that you dont have the answer too.becuz your prolly some lame ass producer with no knowledge on the question

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

thanks but is that the only plugin to use for that effect..can i achieve that effect in a program like reason 5? is there a method to acheiving this effect?

Resample your song (or part of it) into NN-XT/19 & pitchbend - that's the simplest way. There are plugins for this as well, such as TBT TapeStop, Glitch, Effectrix, Turnado et al.

Easy way if you want is to automate the volume.
Automate the volume to turn all the way down and when you want it to start up again automate the volume all the way back up, or in linear programs like Ableton you can even just delete a clip and do like a beat drop.

Easy way if you want is to automate the volume.
Automate the volume to turn all the way down and when you want it to start up again automate the volume all the way back up, or in linear programs like Ableton you can even just delete a clip and do like a beat drop.

Well, this is hardly gonna sound similar to a tape stop effect. Anyway, I just listened to the Bieber song mentioned in the OP and it doesn't really do anything like this - it simply drops most of the elements out for a while and does some portamento/pitchbend stuff on the sample that's left...

Back