How To Get Drums To Sound Like This

well that's a multi answered question.

1. which drum? hi hat? snare? clap? closed hat? shaker? toms? kick?
2. do you want your arrangement to be the same? or do you want your EQ'ing to be same?
3. do you want to know what samples are used?
4. do you want the overall percussion sound of this track in your own productions?

I can go on and on....

I will just start with arrangement first, reverb, panning, saturation, delays, compressor....to start..

cheers!

I agree with what the guy above me said, but a lot of times it comes back to the original sample that you load into your sequencer. The old saying goes "you can't polish a piece of shit." Shameless plug, but in my signature is my team's website and we send out free sample packs every week if you're looking for something high quality.

Last edited:
I agree with what the guy above me said, but a lot of times it comes back to the original sample that you load into your sequencer. The old saying goes "you can't polish a piece of shit." Shameless plug, but in my signature is my team's website and we send out free sample packs every week if you're looking for something high quality.

Who is your team / company for sample packs?

And I meant the drums, the whole shebang. Is that a big ask and should I narrow it down? if so, start with the kick.

Last edited:
Who is your team / company for sample packs?

And I meant the drums, the whole shebang. Is that a big ask and should I narrow it down? if so, start with the kick.
We get sample packs from a variety of different sources. We tell you each week who provided them, so if you want you can get more from that company. We offer a lot of unique packs so our subscribers have a lot of different stuff to work with.

And to answer your initial question, that kick is pretty basic, seems like almost a stock kick and snare. In the intro there's just a bunch of toms and snare drums that sound extra compressed. Not really sure what else to tell you there haha.

Last edited:
I would focus on trying to hear where the drums sit in the mix, that song (compared to EDM or hip hop) has the drums a bit behind, but still sharp. saturation and compression on the drum bus would be the simple answer

Yes, mostly dry, compressed, fairly upfront acoustic kit sounds mixed with electronics, fairly upfront in the mix.

Need specific answers? You have to ask more specific questions...

GJ

Back