How to get this drum sound?

GoldenFox

I want to get this sound at least somewhat. I just have Drumkit from Hell samples to work with for now.

What effects and plugins are they using for each drum and cymbal?

They're live drums so pretty hard to emulate without recording yourself

Not sure about the samples you mention, I'm not familiar myself, but I would try using round robin style acoustic samples (i.e. lots of different recordings of the same snare being hit instead of using the same recording of the same snare for a live feel) then going heavy on the eq and compression

Last edited:
I only listened for a short bit (as long as I could stand); but you'd want a deep snare... Tuning not that far off from the bass drum, "clicky" kick drum sound, and _slightly_ ringy deep toms. Everything pretty dry (if there's any delay or verb, it is not enough to be apparent). If you want to try thickening a sample-based track, rather than adding any delay or chorus, if you have a microphone try recording your drum track "live" from your speakers in your room and add that subsequent track mixed in with your sampled drums. It can thicken things up a bit and add some live ambience and natural sounding compression.

Back