how to get dat good 808 deep feel!!!!

C

clockwork_101

do anyone how to get dat good deep 808 feel i was wondering do you turn te low mids and lows all the way down to about 20hz or sumthin sorta like drumma boy how to achieve that real good bass that hit hard and wat kind of kick is good to layer over a 808 drum to make it sound real deep!!!

You not going to hear any everything in this range(20hz)

Last edited by a moderator:
breal said:
You not going to hear any everything in this range(20hz)
LOL the only thing he's gonna hear down in that range is the port noise (air comin out of the ports on ur speakers) and the woofer-cone slowly seperating itself from the spider, magnet, and surround.
LevLove

Last edited:
You should cutoff anything below 20-30hz .. Find a range that feels good to you and you'll start to feel a "more-to-life" 808. Cutting off these low frequencies (not even audible by the human ear) will clean up the sound and pump out only what you want to pump out.

You need a sub-woofer to manage frequencies in that area, so get one before you start playing with fire.

A compressor with a fast attack, high ratio (6:1 or more) and slow release will bring up the 'body' of the sound, making it more '808-like'. Compressors can shape any kick any way you need ;)

Also, try to find out about 'New York Drums', if you can - the new york method of compressing drums is quite amazing on your drum tracks.

This reminds me of the skits on Devin's last album

But yo boosting kicks, you usually need to boost between 60hz & 100hz the 808 booming sound also has alot to do with the length of the decay and usually it's layered with bass.

BJv said:
This reminds me of the skits on Devin's last album

But yo boosting kicks, you usually need to boost between 60hz & 100hz the 808 booming sound also has alot to do with the length of the decay and usually it's layered with bass.

Yea. Usually a bunch of sines tucked underneath.

Back