How to get automations on maschine 2 studio?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I am using maschine 2 studio and i am curious if anyone knows how i can get automations going on some of my effects. I have a sort of speech/movie intro i am using to start my beat off and at the end I would like to take a phrase and delay on it. I am also trying to get an automation on the master volume so I can fade the beat out at the end by making all the tracks volumes gradually decrease down to zero. Lastly I need help with mute automations as well. I want to add mutes/pauses to parts in my beat and I just can't figure it out either lol. I know it sounds like a lot, I used fl studio for a long time so everything was kinda right there. Any help always appreciated.

use a master fader fade at the end not individual channels - smoother and continuous rather than different parts dropping out at different points unless that is what you want it to do

use a master fader fade at the end not individual channels - smoother and continuous rather than different parts dropping out at different points unless that is what you want it to do

Hey thanks for the response. I got the automations to work for muting during the song by muting groups and sounds individually and what not. However, there is no type of volume automation on maschine and there is no way to make any sort of automation from the master. Any other ideas? I am trying to fade out the end of my song by making all the volumes slowly fade out together.

I suggest that you read pages 130 and following in either the MK I or the MK II reference manual

and read all either has to say on Learn MIDI functions so that you can first assign an external controllers knob to the master volume and via that send appropriate messages to the software/hardware (do it whilst recording midi data in your day and you will know which cc value is being used to drive the master volume)

I suggest that you read pages 130 and following in either the MK I or the MK II reference manual

and read all either has to say on Learn MIDI functions so that you can first assign an external controllers knob to the master volume and via that send appropriate messages to the software/hardware (do it whilst recording midi data in your day and you will know which cc value is being used to drive the master volume)

Cool I just checked that out and it is kind of only talking about groups and sound sources and what not. Not very much on the side of master automations or anything.

did you try to do any kind of midi learn from an external controller and record the action as you did it?

Last edited:
Back