How to emulate a bass guitar?

Dennis1990

I just bought Scarbee Pre Bass and the bass guitar sound on it is PERFECT

But I wanna know how to move around it how to play a lot on notes without sounding like im overdoing it but still sounding right

This is how I am dying to learn how to play the bass on midi
**I am having MUCH difficulty playing plenty of notes I'm soo used to simple long notes with quick little notes coming before kick and snare

My example is at 2:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVvZxsEWGz0

I don't think anyone can tell you how to play it. You just have to figure it out by practicing on your keyboard. Like he said, you can use the pitch wheel to make it have those realistic pitch bends but no one can really teach you how to play bass on the piano on here.

Please only speak for yourself

- Learning to play any guitar oriented instrument comes back to understanding that notes can occur on more than one string and knowing which string combination is best for a particular line

This can be learnt over time

As a basic guide
- the notes on the E string can be played at the octave on the D string 2 frets higher and on the A string 7 frets higher

The rest is about technique

On the Prebass there are slides and other features such as hammers and pulls (these are achieved by overlapping durations which runs counter to everything that we tell you for any other instrument but in the Scarbee libraries this is the normal way to achieve them) and harmonics

Read the manual carefully, get to know the key triggers for changing strings, and playing the various articulations as a well

I can write more about playing bass on a keyboard a little later - some things to get done at home right no

Please only speak for yourself

- Learning to play any guitar oriented instrument comes back to understanding that notes can occur on more than one string and knowing which string combination is best for a particular line

This can be learnt over time

As a basic guide
- the notes on the E string can be played at the octave on the D string 2 frets higher and on the A string 7 frets higher

The rest is about technique

On the Prebass there are slides and other features such as hammers and pulls (these are achieved by overlapping durations which runs counter to everything that we tell you for any other instrument but in the Scarbee libraries this is the normal way to achieve them) and harmonics

Read the manual carefully, get to know the key triggers for changing strings, and playing the various articulations as a well

I can write more about playing bass on a keyboard a little later - some things to get done at home right no

Ok thanks.
looking forward to those tips.

Back