How on EARTH did he design these sounds? Sound simple, but I can't figure it out.

itzdlo

ayodlo
Whats up FP! Two sounds I have been trying to understand. They are both produced by SwiffD I think. Dope stuff, I want to incorporate some of it into my music.

EXAMPLES:

Broccoli - Pac Div (Don't Mention It) - YouTube - Its that screechy sound that comes in after the actual beat drop (Actual sound comes in at 18 Seconds). Sounds like some crazy outta pitched violin. lol. Any ideas and how to design a sound like this or what he did to create this sound?

Pac Div - Life Is Good - YouTube - The main synth sound that starts at the very beggining (starts at 0 seconds) and plays throughout, it almost sounds like some scratching or something. Like the other one is screechy. This sound is nuts I don't understand how I can create this at all.

Main questions for both these sounds are what tools as far as OSCILATORS go were used to create these sounds? Was it outside effects? I wanna learn exactly how he created these sounds, Im pretty familiar with most sound design lingo and tools, but I may be missing something!
All help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone!
-Dev

Can't really make out the Broccoli sound as it's so obscured by the vocals...but the second one is a very basic saw synth with portamento (that doesn't have time to hit the notes it's bending towards and thus sounds pretty off key all the time).

lol that's nuts. The other ones probably doing the same thing then. I'll mess around with it, thanks fam.

Back