How do you time stretch ??

P

Pitch Black

Hello All....

I wanna know how you time stretch ...

I currently use ableton live to make my music.... Say i create a track with no vocals , and i want to add an acapella or cut an acapella up and insert it into my song ...

How do i get the acapella or vocal file the same beat as my song ???

I use ableton live 5 so no time stretch available and i have sound forge 8 but evertime i time strtech in sound forge it doesnt match the beat in ableton ???

HELP
wavey.gif

Count your BPM (Beats Per Minute) and match them up. Cubase, ProTools and if im not mistaken SoundForge/Audition does this as well.

There are programs that do it automatically I just dont know what they are. Dont be lazy though count your beats its a good tool/technique to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Precious P. said:
LOL, all these members are too damn lazy to use the search button ;)

Tell them again PP. I just seen you in the Lean Back thread. Out of curiosity do you look as cute as your avatar?

If you have two healthy hands (even one is enough) you could find out. haha, not what u think!!!! But, just clicking the links I provide (myspace or even the link in sig) would reveal that I guess. And of course I do not look like a cartoon avatar LOL

Precious P. said:
If you have two healthy hands (even one is enough) you could find out. haha, not what u think!!!! But, just clicking the links I provide (myspace or even the link in sig) would reveal that I guess. And of course I do not look like a cartoon avatar LOL

Yeah I kind of figured that after I posted. You look Pretty, but nowhere near as cute as your avatar LOL. But it does resemble you. Thanks for anwsering my question though.
Peace.
:p

xtraclip.com said:
Yeah I kind of figured that after I posted. You look Pretty, but nowhere near as cute as your avatar LOL. But it does resemble you. Thanks for anwsering my question though.
Peace.
:p

Whoa, you are a real charmer, let me guess, you have posters of manga comic chicks on your wall? :D :D :D

Precious P. said:
Whoa, you are a real charmer, let me guess, you have posters of manga comic chicks on your wall? :D :D :D

It wasn't meant to be an insult just real talk. You look sexy the avatar looks cute. Thats all. Actually I just have a giant poster of scarface. I like my women in my bed not my wall. Actually sometimes they are on the wall.........nevermind.

:cheers:

xtraclip.com said:
It wasn't meant to be an insult just real talk. You look sexy the avatar looks cute. Thats all. Actually I just have a giant poster of scarface. I like my women in my bed not my wall. Actually sometimes they are on the wall.........nevermind.

:cheers:

Hahahaha, ummm, ohhh, errrr.... ok, i will. (nevermind) :D

Thx for the clarification though, it came across different first.

Have a good night X. :)

Precious P. said:
it came across different first.

Yeah thats the downfall of text based communication.

Later pretty girl.

Pitch Black said:
I use ableton live 5 so no time stretch available

I remember commenting on this same message once already... Anyway, read the manual. You have actually purchased Live 5 and don't know how flexible its time stretching is?

Last edited:
Back