How do you make your voice sound thicker on a track

W

Wreckboymp1g

I was told to double it up how do you do that do you make a duplicate of the same verse or record two verses at the same time

Wreckboymp1g said:
I was told to double it up how do you do that do you make a duplicate of the same verse or record two verses at the same time
"just trying to make it bra"

Last edited by a moderator:
Record the verse, then record it again.

Or copy the recorded verse to a new track and add a delay or somethin.

what do you mean by record it again because when i had adobe it would record over it

Record the verse in say track 1 then record it again in track 2.

You are useing the multitrack right?

yea im using a multitrack recording software I appreciate dat

bleh.

just use a chorus effect. that's what it's made for. :)

The chorus effect is tricky to use though the best results for vocals is indeed doubling the actual voice instead of processing it. When you do the second track you need to do it a few different ways. You double the verse again and compress it more, or you can double the second verse but soften the way you vocalize your singing or accentuate the constanants. then pan a little bit. Play around with it you'll find what your looking for. The chorus effects in all honesty are really if you just want to get a bit weird with the vocals. A lot of professionals like Ne-yo or Usher, Lil' Jon don't mess with chorus on vocals because the real addition of another voice is much better.

Mainboi23SX said:
Record the Vocal, then duplicate it too make it Dual Mono.

that does absolutely nothing whatsoever! it will give you the same exact result as having a single mono track!

twotokes said:
bleh.

just use a chorus effect. that's what it's made for. :)

a "chorus" effect sounds very different from "doubling" a track

Last edited:
Optyx_Productions said:
A lot of professionals like Ne-yo or Usher, Lil' Jon don't mess with chorus on vocals because the real addition of another voice is much better.

I don't think there is any professional who wil use a "chorus effect" as a substitution for actually doubling a vocal.

A "chorus" effect is really used the real world scenarios as... well... an effect, and not as a tool to be used in place of recording a double.

Professionals only really use a "chorus" effect if they want that effect sound... not for any sort of realism.

:)

Last edited:
You could try recording a vocal on track one and then doing the same performance for track two.
Since you're not a robot,the slight inconsistencies will give sort of a "chorus" effect and hopefully thicken your vocal tracks to your liking.

skyy38 said:
You could try recording a vocal on track one and then doing the same performance for track two.
Since you're not a robot,the slight inconsistencies will give sort of a "chorus" effect and hopefully thicken your vocal tracks to your liking.

that is what is called a "double"

I just copy the vocals onto another track. Put some delay onto the second track. But, have the second vocal at half the volume of the first track.

GuitarplayainMD said:
I just copy the vocals onto another track. Put some delay onto the second track. But, have the second vocal at half the volume of the first track.

the result will be absolutely indetical to simply putting a delay effect on the first track by itself.

ok so which one do you guys think is better

1. just record the first track and then records the second track or

2. record the first track and copy and paste to another track because that what i do and all it does is amplify the first track that i records.

let me know what you think.

Back