How do you make a realistic piano in fl studio?

Princ3matt

What I mean by that is how do I make a realistic melody that doesn't sound mediocre or just like I was putting random notes together. I have nexus and it has some good sounding piano in it but I can't get the melody to match a real piano player. Can anyone help me with this problem because I wanna make some RnB tracks without sampling.

Listen to some piano players, piano pieces etc for some time, plus you didn't specify it but i assume you are trying to play with a midi keyboard or something, in that case train on scales and chords which is what can build nice piano melodies. Well, but that usually works with most of instruments anyway.

Reverb makes a GREAT difference especially when talking about piano sound.

Other than that, unless you play perfectly in timing and velocity, there will always be a part of editing work through mouse (Quantizing, fixes; stuff like that).

Last edited:
Yeah I know how to play piano, but my midi keyboard doesn't work with my computer for some reason. But I use fl studio and try my best to get my piano to sound more "real" using my mouse but I guess I just need to practice more and listen to some people play.

Yeah I know how to play piano, but my midi keyboard doesn't work with my computer for some reason. But I use fl studio and try my best to get my piano to sound more "real" using my mouse but I guess I just need to practice more and listen to some people play.
If you're using FL Studio, you can still play with the letter keys.
keyboard.jpg

Last edited:
If u can play, u might want to look into another keyboard or computer based on what the problem is. While u can click some notes together, I think it will be a little difficult to get the "feel" without a keyboard. What type of music do u make?

Back