How do you make a good crowd effect?

M

MrMalo42481

How can I make my voice have a good crowd effect? what program do you use and what effects are used?

live crowd sample...reverb and some distortion..if mixed right u can make yourself sound as if you were recorded live

Do at least 4 layers, pan, eq, reverb and distortion like Kashcow said, change the pitch on one of the layers, and you might get a nice sound. No guarentee, but it worked good for one artist I recorded.

just record yaself clapping, doiing crowd whistles, roars, ahs, etc.. and then just stack and change pitch etc.. reverb.. wala bia..

Record yourself a number of times to emulate a crowd of people. Record yourself from different angles and areas of the room, cover mouth and record, hold your nose and record. After u've got your takes go and pan, EQ, distort and add reverb... do what you need.

I did a similar on one of my tracks, i shouted the word "drums" from about 6 diff places in my bedroom, panned each take, added a lil reverb and there it was, sounded bloody great... lol

sample a movie with a large crowd.....and no music in it.

take a Mp3 with a mic and go 2 a school game or a place where people will cheer and yell...
den sample it 2 ur needs

If you want a crowd, record a crowd :-) Granted, this requires some kind of portable gear.

Another option is to get as large a group of friends together as possible and layer that with reverb. But if you're going for 1000's of people, best way to do it is just to do it.

Back