How do you make a "drop" effect in a hip hop beat? (Ableton beat help)

alexdr241

I'm new to the forums. I really wanted to find an answer to this. I'm not sure what the effect is called, but in an intro to a beat, right at the end of it, how do you make a drop effect? A song I can think that gives a good example of the effect is here: youtube com / watch?v=1AoJUwL2FGE (can't post links yet) at 0:35 in the song. Kind of like slowing down a record. I don't need an effect just like a record, but something similar. I use ableton live, so I was wondering if there was an automation for it. Also, how do you put the automation on the entire track, not just one sound. Sorry for all the questions. If you have a video tutorial of how to do it that would be great. I just can't find one because I don't know what the effect is.

Thanks man! Exactly what I was looking for. I used the dblue glitch and comes with even more effects than just tapestop which is awesome. Just used it in my beat, sounds great, thanks!

I know that in Protools I use "Vari-fi" which is simply the best stop effect ever and easiest to use. Just select your part you want to stop effect and click apply. Amazing !!!
check out my blog w w w . carlitosbeats . c o m

peace out !!!

Back