How do you get that "West Coast" Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Tyler the Creator sounding synth?

thomsykes1

How do you get that "West Coast" Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Tyler the Creator sounding synth?

I've always admired that sound when it's used right. I use Ableton Live, Garageband with a MIDI and 8 pad MPC. I know Ice Cube, Dr. Dre's solo stuff and some Tyler The Creator songs would be a great example of what synth I'm talking about.

Doez Ableton Live allow you to uze vst plugin'z? If so, G Force'z Minimonsta and Arturia'a Minimoog are great for thoze type of soundz. But You can basically get that type of lead with instrumentz that uze a saw wave sound.

I've always admired that sound when it's used right. I use Ableton Live, Garageband with a MIDI and 8 pad MPC. I know Ice Cube, Dr. Dre's solo stuff and some Tyler The Creator songs would be a great example of what synth I'm talking about.

Find yourself some vsts at kvraudio

Also, some specific song titles would help us go a long way towards what you want

Even though you can't post links you can still include the watch?v=...... code from youtube, as text, for each song to make sure that we are listening to the same songs for the same thing.....

Back