How do you get that combing sound with synths in nx in reason? whats the type of

terrell860

How do you get that combing sound with synths in nx in TReason 4? whats the type of knobs or effects you aim at..i cant get that effect..like im trynna get it for the "lead synth" and i cant do it..or find that feature if it has one

U might wanna re-word that really dunno what combing sound ur talkin about, maybe a link to the audio . I'm thinking you talking about DETUNE maybe thou ....

Thor has a comb filter, maybe you should start there and go thru the patches you have. Since your description does not really say much i took the only word that sounds like it might have something to do with anything in Reason. Link some audio cause that description you provided ain't hittin on sht.
LevLove

LevLover said:
Thor has a comb filter, maybe you should start there and go thru the patches you have. Since your description does not really say much i took the only word that sounds like it might have something to do with anything in Reason. Link some audio cause that description you provided ain't hittin on sht.
LevLove

yea i meant comb filter...i first used it in thor and i wanted to know if there was any other filter i could use to or any tricks that do the same thing

U canlways run audio thru thor and use the comb filter in there. Hit the help menu and read up on thor so you'll know how to wire everything up.
LevLove

You will need to add the data to the mod matrix for it to work after
you set up your routing

Last edited by a moderator:
terrell860 said:
yea i meant comb filter...i first used it in thor and i wanted to know if there was any other filter i could use to or any tricks that do the same thing

Yes, a flanger is a comb filter that is swept by an LFO.

you can run sounds thru a Thor too, and use the filters to modulate other instruments. It explains some this in the manual.....lol

Back