How do you format the song?

Chance

Banned
What up yall. I've been sequencing my beats and i've been putting them in the following format:

4-8 Bar Intro
8 Bar Hook
16 Bar Verse
8 Bar Hook
16 Bar Verse
8 Bar Hook
16 Bar Verse
8 Bar Hook
4 Bar Outro

Now what bothers me is that ive been listening to music and they all dont follow this format. What make it even more difficult is that I always have beat drops where I take a track like the bass out and bring it back in mid verse.

The thing is, how do I know if the artist just wants to get into the song without the hook at the beginning like Games - "Hate It Or Love It" where 50 starts the track with a verse instead of hook?

How should I format it so I dont have any problems?

Search the forum for someone who had an in-depth meeting with A&R reps. The A&R reps basically told the guy that his beats initially heard by industry insiders and rappers should pretty much be loopy with a section that has any chorus or distinct sounds in it. You shouldn't pay so much attention to structure if you're trying to send these off to artists because ultimately, they should be the final deciding voice on where and for how long certain sections are.

Hope this helps.

There is no "format" for music. if a rep tells you that your beats are structured wrong, tell them to f*** off. Music doesn't have a preset structure. People make songs that have no chorus. Listen to the Roots "the web" (i think that's the song). I hate that about music. People think they can tell you how you should sound. I know. I have to Deal with Bitchy artists on a daily basis. Why don't you try using your ears for once in your life? If you can't figure out how your beat should be structured, then you should find another line of work.

There is no "format" for music. if a rep tells you that your beats are structured wrong, tell them to f*** off.

culdnt have said it better mah self

~1

im 16 ***** <slap>

djavid15 said:
There is no "format" for music. if a rep tells you that your beats are structured wrong, tell them to f*** off. Music doesn't have a preset structure. People make songs that have no chorus. Listen to the Roots "the web" (i think that's the song). I hate that about music. People think they can tell you how you should sound. I know. I have to Deal with Bitchy artists on a daily basis. Why don't you try using your ears for once in your life? If you can't figure out how your beat should be structured, then you should find another line of work.
hey homie, you need to calm the hell down with that aggressive talk. Your post helped me none at all so let me just say that your input isnt needed. im gonna keep the format that ive been doing and they can change it in protools if needed.

Why dont you try using your brain before you try coming at me sideways. Fall back newbie.

Back