How do the pros create their sounds?

dizkojockey

How do big-name trance producers like ReOrder and Daniel Kandi create some of the amazing sounds you hear in their tracks? I try to create sounds as best as I can in my synths but it is very hard to create something that sounds really good and not simply an amateurish sound, if that makes sense. Am I missing something here, what is the key to making really good, professional sounding sounds and effects? It seems to me that these are not made simply using an initialised patch of Sylenth or Spire, for example. What is the main key to creating something amazing sounding?

Make your own patches in a synth. It takes practice to get them sounding as good as those guys obviously, so just play around.

A lot of it is just practice and having sensitive enough ears to be able to get the settings exactly right.
Use a chain of FX plugins instead/as well as of the inbuilt ones in your synth. It gives you more options.
Also a lot of it can be good mixing.

Download a synth like Massive. Take a preset and add random filters to make it sound original. Congratulations, you're a Trance producer.

Back