how do professional producers make there sounds?

Dj Excite

sup ppl i make hip hop beats and i forgot what hardware do the pros use like dre for instance what does he use to make those funky sounds like in forgot about dre the sound that sounds like plucking strings how does he make his own sounds does he use a synthysizer keyboard and a drum machine only programs drums right?

so basically they do the same sh** as we do but they know how to program the sounds properly and stuff or something like that right

well yeah they are most likely more expierenced and they have acess to the best outboard gear and they also have engineer's in thier corner...there stuff sonicly doesn't sound any better than ours before the "studio magic" takes place in a million dollar facilty.

when i worked at Guitar Center I met a Def Jam Ghost producer that used nothing nut Logic a Laptop and a Oxygen Midi Key (little portable one) and some Alesis Monitors.

The main thing they have is Experience.. they using the same **** we use

Software apps, Mpc's. sond racks, Workstations Monitors

they just have way more Experience

**** even 45king uses a Laptop Partable tables logic and some Monitors

I don't like to push my religion on other ppl, but cyko's right. Logic will level the playing field 4 u. If you could only get 1 piece of equipment I'd say get that one (not to mention a G5 to run it). It's Pro-tools compatible, if u need 2 go to a pro studio, it might already b on their computer, and it's deep like the minds of minolta. Get somethin' like a microKontrol to go with it and u r set 'til you can afford more equipment.

ya man they use the same **** that we use,but they have more gears, and of course when we hear those wicked violins and string, that are more than with 3 notes, they have bands a full orchestra
and they just rec it.

Back