How to do this kind of pitch effect?

Gustav Gentieu

Hi guys,

May it's a newby request, but it really question myself!<br>

I did a beat which goes pretty well allready, but i really want to make the following effect:

I can't post link to youtube because i'm new here
so you can find the effect on YT in this song
KRISY / NICE

At 0:16 the beat starting and the sample or the synth (i don't know what he used) is pitching, and it's work really great. <br>
I heard that often, so i tried and i tried but i don't know how to make it properly.<br>

If one of you have an idée, or knows vidéos who explain that, i'll enjoy it!<br>

Thanks all ready.

I can't watch it but search online for pitch bending tutorials. Also, take a look at what you can do with slide notes, there is certain tricks that will get you the wanted effect but it also depends on the plugin you're using. There is ways you can just automate the main pitch if that's what is needed or you can do the same things for a single channel (instrument) as well. It's pretty much basics and you will find content online of these kind of things.

Sounds like midi which should allow you to alter the pitch, if it is a sample many DSP's have pitch shift plugins, Wave files have a few.
I believe this could be done with the fly wheel on a MPC as well.
You can also buy pitchshifter guitar pedals which you could run a sample through

Back