How do i start to become a dj?

D

Dj Mush

Hi,
I'm just learning to be a dj but frankly have no idea what steps i have to take to become one, i have no equipment and no idea how to dj, all i have is a good ear for music, a bit of skill on the drums and a passion for rave/trance. So please lend me a helping hand and give me some advice on what equipment i should get if i want to mix and compose my own techno, thanks a lot for all those who help.
Peace,
-Dj Mush-

I think someone replied to you in some other thread where you were asking the same questions. Welcome on the site by the way. Hope you'll learn from everyone here.

Take care

just in case you missed it....

Just in case you missed that other thread, (I did), you're gonna need 2 turntables, preferrably direct-drive, a mixer (to switch and fade between the signals from turntables), an amplifier, a pair of headphones, a pair of speakers, and cables to connect the decks, amp, mixer, and speakers. Oh, and of course, you're gonna need some records. ;-)

some suggestions

If ur just starting out then i dont think you need the amp and the speakers,,,just use a regular stereo system:D
eveyone has one of those
and u wont need the head fones wen u just starting out
so save up and get good headfones, they are really important

using ur regular stereo system while u are starting out can save u alot of money,,,arent u happy i suggested that?:D

oh and NEVER turn up ur music,,if ur gona be a dj
its like driving really slowly if you are a race car driver
its no good

and never listen to one thing for too long,,take breaks
keep those in mind and u will keep good ears:D

Selamat Tengahari

About your ears....

Wear an ear-plug when you enter clubs or so....like I do :).
Get use to it... All you fell is the basslines.
No hats no claps, no snare no damage!
Wear it, especially for 'us' who compose music....

Good ear, good hear, good mix, good tricks, good kicks, good chicks, good pick , good gig!

Take it easy,

Akira -Do It LIVE-
http://www.nexdna.com

one more thing

You should take magnesium supplements for the ear,,,it rejuvitaes the hairs that let u hear,,juno bout the ear? those tiny hairs that move and send signals to ur brain?

Cheaper Setup.....

Just an idea...
As much as I love vynl (damn can't spell)as your mixing trance a (building up a record collection is eventually the most expensive part),stick a cd burner in your PC, buy a twin CD and download tunes from Napster etc.You can burn your own discs and then mix it up on the C.D's.
Numark do one with a built in mixer that I have recently used and can say is pretty good!

wat do u mean djad?

What do u mean numark has one with a built in mixer?

Numark C.D

It is like a 19" mixer but has two c.d's built in.The trays are mounted in the front with the mixer part on top (as a normal mixer" and the c.d controls are above the mixer part.
It allso has 2 phono inputs so you can use C.D's and turntables.It costs around £430.

I havent used the Numark ones, but anything I have used other then the pioneer CDJ range is below par (and ive used alot of them), if you want to buy a set cheap get the cdj100's, if your going for more expensive get the 500's, But I wouldnt buy any other brand.. The pioneers are the industry standard units and you would be using them most likely in the club you dj at if your using cd's.. they are also preety sturdy and much more reliable then any of the other units(if you even just have a look at the other units they look flimsy and breakable).

hmmm

ok now i understand,,,it is all just one part,,the cd and mixers:) hahaha,,i got it:)
hmmm,,,but didnt u say go with the brand that suites u AlexTC? now u r contraticting wat u have previously said,,hehehe:D:D:D no offence

Back