How do I make my drums like this?

volture

Hey guys I have a question, i produce for quite a while now, but never can get my drums to sound "light" like this type, how can I make them sound like this? I have sample packs such as Minimal House V3, Deep House V2/V3, Electroshock V1/V3, should these work?

YouTube

Ty!

Last edited:
Filters (LP/HP/BP) & EQs... You can try this:

Multitrack of your percussions.

InstrumentTrack1:All Percussion, EQ & Compressor & Effects (delays, reverbs etc) and optional Multiband & Limiter
-Channel1:All Percussion Filtered & EQ (Or channel strip) <- This is for your question

Optional

-Channel2:Kicks (Low & Mid range)
-Channel4:Snares/Toms (Mid & High range)
-Channel5:Bells/Rides/HH (High & High+ range)

You can add more channels (See optional) and more EQ/Filters to them, if you want more detailed work or specific sounds. That's just an example, or a scenario of you prefer...

Have fun!

Thanks! But can i use those sample packs i mentioned for this type of drums/music?
Filters (LP/HP/BP) & EQs... You can try this:

Multitrack of your percussions.

InstrumentTrack1:All Percussion, EQ & Compressor & Effects (delays, reverbs etc) and optional Multiband & Limiter
-Channel1:All Percussion Filtered & EQ (Or channel strip) <- This is for your question

Optional

-Channel2:Kicks (Low & Mid range)
-Channel4:Snares/Toms (Mid & High range)
-Channel5:Bells/Rides/HH (High & High+ range)

You can add more channels (See optional) and more EQ/Filters to them, if you want more detailed work or specific sounds. That's just an example, or a scenario of you prefer...

Have fun!

Thanks! But can i use those sample packs i mentioned for this type of drums/music?

It's like asking me if you can use a Ludwig or Sonar drumset for a Rock song. Some sample packs have different sound properties (less lows,more mids,less snares,more claps,more EFX,etc).

Look through the sample packs and see.

GJ

I forgot to mention, that you need to automate your volumes in your multitrack channels, if you want to hear one part/both for intro/pre-chorus/outro, anyway, anywhere you want...

Last edited:
Back