How do I kill the punch of a kick?

Daunte Sky

Hey all, I'm trying working on a sound right now to use in one of my songs, having trouble though. Using a deep kick drum that I have already thrown a good amount of reverb and filter on and have lengthened the waveform of it.

How to describe what I'm going for? Hmmm. Imagine thunder without the initial BOOM. Just that kind of a very low end sound like the air moving and buffering around after the lightning comes down and moves the air around it.

I'm really close and I pretty much have the sound that I'm going for, but I just can't knock that tiny punch at the beginning out. Is it just a matter of cutting it at the front end of the waveform? I'm using FL if that's of any usefullness.

I think your best bet would maybe to EQ it out using the Parametric EQ, or if not load it up in Edison and cut out the starting maybe?

Try a lo pass rolled way down. the attack comes from the high end of the eq, eliminate that as much as possible and you should get what you're after.

You could also try sending the sound to a reverb, and only using the reverb (not the trigger sound); EQ the reverb return to get the tonal qualities you want.

GJ

sharp cut the extreemly low end, straight cut no curves. untill the shit sound less punchy lol.

same goes for the highs, in opposite manner to make it Punch harder.

thats it!! youi can bust out the filters but eq cut way faster easyer unless you have a certain go to filter that you can tweak right off the bat..

Back