how do i get this JAZZY PHA kick sound?

Kleany

hey yall i need a kick sound like this jazzy pha one, he uses it a lot, but i liked it kuz it reminded me of some stevie b stuff. here it hear...

he also used it in Ciara's 1, 2 Step.

anyone know how i could get it? thanks

haha another quick Q, whats a good synthesizer for a whining flute sound? thanks

Last edited:
Not sure bout the flute sound. If you use reason theres loads of patches n stuff u can check out.

As for the kick... Its just a simple laser sound layered with the kick. It can be done with any kick or instrument.

Youb have FL6? If you do I can show you how to do it with the stock soyunds.

expansion

exactly i wanna make the drums similar to that! i got FL6, how would i go about doing that? thanks

damn man, those beats are crazy! i love dat e-40 remix...ur using FL6 right? what VSTs are u using? thanks

Last edited:
Cool. Okay all you do is take one of the conga's from an 808 drum kit. Load it into the FL sequencer. Open the sampler properties up (where you tweak all settings for that .wav).

1. Turn the "Pogo" knob all the way to the left or almost all the way.

2. Then turn the "Out" knob to the right.

3. Then in the piano roll play the conga high up on the piano like C6 or C7.

And that's all there is to it. Just mess around with those three things and you'll have the Jazze Pha "lasers" in no time.

Thanks about my beats. Yup, all I use is FL6, Hypersonic 1 (the old one), and my drumkits.

Peeace. Good luck on the lasers, haha.

The kick in the red cafe joint is nice.Did you make that kick yourself?

Make it myself? As in do the actual recording? Naw. Just EQ'd and compressed to get it how I like.

Back