How do I get a bass sound like this?? Help is appreciated

It's a retro/analog style bass synth patch if that means anything to you. Not really a hip hop style sound, per se, but has been utilized in such a manner. It has a lot of resonance in the mid range. I'd get the primary wave form used is a saw tooth and has been filtered somewhere around the 1K hz region....really rough guest-imates on all this as i'm sleepy and on headphones at the moment. can analyze more in the next day if you like

Thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate it! I think I get what you mean, if you got some more time to explain in depth tomorrow that'd be great though :)

i'm a big fan of shlomo and all these new wave producers...so basically i meant that the bass has that retro analog sound...lots of warmth in the low mids...it takes up a lot of room in the mix but the way shlomo made the beat he leaves plenty of room for it. and the way that it plays is actually more like a pad than a bassline, considering it is playing constantly. if you have anything like NI Massive, or better yet U-he Diva, there are a few patches that come pretty close in their respective libraries.

Back