How do I get bass to sound like this?

IIIVII

1:15, I want to incorporate that sound into some sort of hip hop beat, I've tried everything

At 1:15 you can hear it in between the bass drum spamming no? Either way I haven't been able to sample it without the drums interfering so I was hoping there was a way to re-create it..

Im having trouble hearing what you're referring to as well, im on laptop speakers right now but all i can hear is what sounds like a low electric bass sound which you can find in most vsts. Not sure if you're referring to that that though.

I don't think you can hear it at all on laptop speakers that well, it's pretty low. Are there any specific vsts that would do this or something along the lines of? (also my bad, the quality on youtube is shit, I can hardly hear it with my subs all the way up)

describe what the bass is doing. because i don't hear anything either other than the bass being plucked note for note with the electric guitar.

I dont hear anything either... why not just make a plucky sub bass in any synth? would probably give you the same thing just adjusst your Decay/Sustain

http://soundcloud.com/iii7/wut (can't wrap for some reason)
I don't think it's a bass guitar, it's at the part where only snares hi hats and the dude saying crap is playing. I boosted bass and slowed it down a bit does that help at all?

Last edited:
Wut by III7 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (can't wrap for some reason)
I don't think it's a bass guitar, it's at the part where only snares hi hats and the dude saying crap is playing. I boosted bass and slowed it down a bit does that help at all?
Hmm? Does the bass sound warped? Is that the word you were looking for? Because warping can be.done by just layering two sounds together and have one slightly being played later then the other. Another way is to apply a tremelo effect. Flanger and phaser effects also work.

It's really around 1:18. I think it's just rolls off a bass guitar smothered by the lead. you can recreat it with a sub bass or an electric bass patch, but it's got more to do with the sounds around it than the actual sound itself.

...but it's got more to do with the sounds around it than the actual sound itself.

I considered that to. I remember when i was coming up that i didnt know the difference between bass drums and bass leads. So yeah man your ear might just not be used to something in that mix that is telling you otherwise and making us look like newcomers lol.

Hmm? Does the bass sound warped? Is that the word you were looking for? Because warping can be.done by just layering two sounds together and have one slightly being played later then the other. Another way is to apply a tremelo effect. Flanger and phaser effects also work.

hmm I'll try this, thanks

Back