how did shondrae do this effect?

josey whales

i'm trying to accomplish the same effect that he used in "Forever" for 8 Ball and MJG. I'm using Reason 3 but i also use FL Studio 5. i want to accomplish the modulation effect that he has going. he also used that effect in "No Drama". in reason's NNXT i can get a similar modulation going but i can't seem to get a frequency sweep. i'm trying to modulate a synth so that the frequency is modulated from it's low to it's high frequency

Last edited:
i found out how to acheive the sound by experimenting. i'm pretty sure there is an easier way but i got the results i wanted.

Thanks Josey! I was gon ask how you did it.. It's kinda weird tho, I mean, yoo answered ya own question,.. LMAO.

No problem. the first time i experimented and i had recorded an automation of me sliding the frequency slider up and down. the second time i toggled the racks around and i patched the LFO to frequency. I then put the LFO on sync and then i picked which wave pattern i wanted the frequency sweep to take shape of.

josey whales said:
No problem. the first time i experimented and i had recorded an automation of me sliding the frequency slider up and down. the second time i toggled the racks around and i patched the LFO to frequency. I then put the LFO on sync and then i picked which wave pattern i wanted the frequency sweep to take shape of.

Will try this when I get home. Thanks for sharing.

Back