How to create Yung Gud's signature saw lead

Kallenis

Hey, guys!
Since I heard Yung Gud's "Beautiful, Wonderful" EP I fell in love with his style. I really liked his signature saw synth, which he use in almost every track. Since then I try every single day to recarete this sound. I know the theory behind it (saw waves, detune, lowpassfilter and higher resonance), but I still struggle to recreate it properly. I have plenty Serum patches of failed attempts. So if anyone have succeeded to recreate it successfully, can please give me more information about it, or send me the preset ( I have Serum, Massive, Sylenth1)

Last edited:
Hey, guys!
Since I heard Yung Gud's "Beautiful, Wonderful" EP I fell in love with his style. I really liked his signature saw synth, which he use in almost every track. Since then I try every single day to recarete this sound. I know the theory behind it (saw waves, detune, lowpassfilter and higher resonance), but I still struggle to recreate it properly. I have plenty Serum patches of failed attempts. So if anyone have succeeded to recreate it successfully, can please give me more information about it, or send me the preset ( I have Serum, Massive, Sylenth1)

look up "Making a Beat Like Yung Gud (HARD Trap Tutorial & 808 Sound Design)" on youtube
he has a yung gud lead in his pack and it looks like he's not using normal saw waves, is stacking detuned waves on both oscillators, and is using a comb filter. Perhaps you could try the comb filter?

hope this helps

I know that video.This guy Seri is amazing, but im not sure that he included his yung gud lead in his pack. I also tried to recreate the sound from his video, but it wasnt the same

Back