How to create this vibe/style/atmosphere?

Takedown

I've tried quite a few things, but I just can't seem to get it right. Any help?

Last edited:
I don't think you'll ever get the same atmosphere as this unless you use the same board or vsts.

The beeps sound like short cut off sine leads beeping away and the pads...hmm.. their different from what I have heard before but it's not impossible to get some flowing as close to it.

The bass has a nice round dual oscillating groove to it. Sounds like a sawtooth behidn a sine to give it that wouuuummm..

What software or board do you have?

Last edited:
What does hit me is that you say you have tried several things....

What have you tried and how did each fail?

There are obvious sound design choices that need to be made - skillz has identified that this one area to look at and makes some suggestions

There are some approaches to percussion that will be more successful than others. There are a range of wooden sounds used and range of reverb settings for each.

There are some approaches to the chording used that will be more successful than others. The chords vary and are played in different inversions - root (1-3-5), 1st (3-5-1) and 2nd (5-1-3) - to keep the notes close together overall.

Knowing that you use fl9 helps. Knowing what other resources you have (extra vsts etc) will help more. Knowing what you have tried that failed (in your opinion) will help the most........

Well, as far as extra VSTs, my go-to's are NI Massive, Sylenth & sometimes Subbsonic.

For the most part, my normal EQ'ing and compression methods aren't helping achieve this sound. It generally ends up sounding very cold & flat, as opposed to the warm, full vibrant sound the track above gives.

I feel like I have the percussion style down, it's mainly the melodic instruments I'm asking for help with.

so is this a sound design/choice question or a what notes are being played on what instrument question or a combination of the two?

Back