How to create this kind of synth?

Brycey

Hey guys,

I'd like to make a sound similar to this synth (below is the link). I am not used to make this kind of electronic music but I need it for a project. I work in Logic Pro X. Any ideas, any help?

Many thanks for your advices and future replies ! :)

Zippyshare.com - synth.wav

Last edited:
Hi, I checked out the synth you posted. To me it sounds like a trance/rave synth. These can be made quite easily using many standard VSTs. One that I would use to make such a synth is Massive. You could layer the 3 oscillators, making them primarily Saw-wave based. Detune each osc to give it more of a chorus feel, and then amplify that by making adding a true chorus fx. You could also add a hard clipper to give it more bite. Make sure the sound has no decay, that way it stops without much echo (unless that's what you're going for) when you release the note. Really experimenting with that detuning will get you closer to the desired sound. Oh yeah, and don't forget to add white noise to your synth as well! That will really brighten it up. I hope this helped:-)

Ok, so I downloaded Massive to work with. I have got another problem it has ever happened to me before. So, I downloaded Massive and I launched the setup, etc... Everything seemed OK, but LPX doesn't show it up as an audio unit. I can open it as standalone but it doesnt appear in Logic... I cant find it in the AU manager either. Everything's installed properly... I can find the Massive components in the components file and even in the VST file... This has never happened to me before with Logic 9... Any idea of what's wrong?

when you installed it did you install it as an au rather than a vst? the installer should offer you the choice of VST2/3, AAX, AU, RTAS

The installer has installed it automatically as an AU, VST and RTAS because I can find Massive in the component file, vst file and RTAS file in the library file... Should I find another version of Massive? Maybe the installer is a bit ****ed...

you should buy it! :)

last time i checked with the massive installer - my upgrade/udpate path is stalled at the moment - still trying to tweak my new 64 bit machine to work nicely for audio - it gave you specific choices of which plug-in api you could install

I wish I could buy it... just need money to get it :)
Well, I don't know, because my installer doesn't propose me the choice of VST, etc... kinda annoying

very friendly and only warning - please do not ask us how to make your pirated sw work like the real thing - remember when you signed up? you agreed to the following

2. Behavioral Guidelines:

2.1. You agree not to submit or transmit (directly, indirectly or in any way whatsoever) through the Website or any of the Services any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct that may, notably:
- Violate or infringe any right whatsoever including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights;
- Be unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious in any way whatsoever or contain explicit or graphic descriptions, or accounts of, sexual acts;
- Encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that may give rise to civil liability;
- Violate these Terms of Use, or any other guideline or policy posted on the Website by P.BORDAS, its network administrators or its moderators; or

from the terms of use - https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/rules.php

I never said I was using a cracked version... I am using the demo version I got last night on the Native Instrument website... That's why I really dont know why it is notworking...

Last edited:
I don't think you need massive really.
Vekkatone uses massive because so many people do these days, but the things he describes using definitely aren't unique to massive and could be done using freeware plugins- or the stock plugins in logic. You'll definitely have a synth that makes saw waves that you can detune and white noise, a chorus plugin, clipping/distortion and reverb. No need to install anything new or fancy.

I never said I was using a cracked version... I am using the demo version I got last night on the Native Instrument website... That's why I really dont know why it is notworking...

even the demo version allows you to choose the format of plug-in that you install

Back