how to count bars and beats

thanks

thanks but why nt just go 1,2,3,4 all the way wats 2,2,3,4 etc all bout?

Prov10 said:
I'm eight years deep buddy, thats all the way right.

Your eight years full of ****. Obviously you have no formal music training or you would know with syncopated rythms and rythms in general the snare does not always have to fall on the 2 and 4.

That is why i said you are partially correct. You would have been more correct saying in basic 4/4 time you have 4 beats per Bar, 4 Bars per measure. Adding the additional info of saying that every 2 snares is a bar IS partially correct if the beat is always a 1 and 3, 2 and 4....but not if the beat is not straight like that.

Oh yeah, i am also years deep, but the difference is I actually play drums and know how to count, know what a 32 bar AABA is, know what odd time is, etc, etc. See, i actually studied jazz in college and still take drum and percussion lessons for "years deep" as you would say:rolleyes:

Step your game up buddy

all my beatz dont include all that stuff and they sound unbeleivable,people alwayz say a song MUST include kicks,hi hats,toms,snares etc.thatz bull****.I cant count barz well yet either but I'm tryin to learn,thatz what led me to this thread.

jwhaatt07 said:
all my beatz dont include all that stuff and they sound unbeleivable,people alwayz say a song MUST include kicks,hi hats,toms,snares etc.thatz bull****.I cant count barz well yet either but I'm tryin to learn,thatz what led me to this thread.

the easiest thing you can do is just listen to a metrononme set to 4/4 and each 4 clicks is a bar. Usually the first click is accented to let you know it is a new bar

Back