how can I reproduce this bass sound?

awol187

I'd post links but this forum won't let me until I have 5 posts. i only registered to ask this so bear with me.

Sinister - The East Side on youtube
at 0:02

Sinister - Life Of A Sinner on youtube
at 0:20

G-Slimm - Fours, Deuces & Trays on youtube
at 0:03

I love the sound and would like to reproduce it somehow. I work with fl studio and have gone through various vsts without success. any idea on how to create this sound? also, what would one call this type of bass? (i have very little knowledge on such things lol forgive me)

appreciate it. thanks in advance

It's an actual real bass guitar played by a real live bassist. Find a mate who plays one and record them. Or I guess you could try kontakt or dimension another sample library, with the appropriate multisamples and humanizing but it's always going to be a poor substitute.

thanks for the reply. how does one make it sound so "trumpety" or "trombony" though? it's got that little vibrating vibe over it if you know what i mean

edit: I actually just found something that comes fairly close to it in massive. it's called "physical model 01"

Last edited:
Ya I love using Massive. It has a lot of cool bass instruments. So does Minimonsta!

I would also venture a guess that all those basses have been heavily altered at the mastering level to give them such a resounding feel.

Ya I love using Massive. It has a lot of cool bass instruments. So does Minimonsta!

I would also venture a guess that all those basses have been heavily altered at the mastering level to give them such a resounding feel.

yeah i suppose that too. i guess i need to brush up on my mixing and mastering skills lol. i've come pretty close to the sound im looking for so far but not quite there yet. the preset in massive that i mentioned only resembles the sound im looking for, but it's not exactly it.

Back