***How can I recreate this synth sound?***

GreenBurn

I'm actually wondering about 2 sounds. They both start right when the song starts. The melody sounds like FM synthesis (bell/percussion sound) and I'm not sure about the other (rising pad type of sound that makes up the chord progressions). Does anyone know the basics in recreating either of these sounds in your average synth?

Thanks in advance

i think it really is a percussion sample mate triangle or summet. Synthing bell sounds is easy virtually no decay immediate attack no real sustain ring modulate if you have and try some of the numbered waveforms in reasons subtractor

that percussion sound is a music box. you can probably find in in any basic symphony bank. look for a sound font. google up symphony or music box which ever one.

try looking at peach or triforce for the music box type of sound. give superwave or synth1 a look for the pad then pull back the cutoff

I'm pretty sure that the bell sound is the preset called "Toy Box" from Korgs Wavestation. The strings are just synth strings with a hi cut/low pass filter added.The actual string sound used here sounds very much like it could be a filtered version of "JX Strings" which is another Korg preset. That would make sense as it seems the 2 sounds probably came from the same Wavestation synth/plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back