How can i produce this..liquid dnb

Chanchai

If someone could explain to me or give me some tips on how to make liquid dnb (not the vocals) or something similar to this, thanks. (I use FL11):shame:
I cant post links but its, Anth m -Cruise over on majestic dnb channel

so u get sum drumz right n then u go boom tisk boom tisk boom tisk boom tisk

I don't think your comment added something to this thread, man.

To the OP:

Wikipedia have an article about Liquid DnB, here:

Liquid funk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not the DnB sub-genre I produce (I normally go with neurofunk), but you can basically use the same structure as most of DnB songs.

Tempo ranges from 160 to 180bpm, but the most used by producers are 174bpm, as it is easier for a DJ to insert a song on his/her mix.

You can use sampled funk/jass/r'n'b/soul percussion to add groove to your drums, and can use sampled real instrument lines from those genres to differentiate it from atmospheric/intelligent DnB (as those styles tend to have more synthesized atmosphere).

The drums lines need to be syncopated (this is what makes DnB what it is as a genre), but you'll need to change the lines for every 4-8 bars, to keep it interesting (otherwise, you'll be doing a mininal DnB).

There are plenty use of vocal lines on liquid DnB, so you'll probably need someone to sing.

Bass is somewhat prominent, as on other DnB sub-genres, but not as hard/harsh as a jump-up or neurofunk.

The rest is up to you, creatively speaking. Try searching tutorials on youtube, articles, or anything else that can help you on this journey. You can even try some more generic tutorials, just to get the hang of DnB as a whole, then try making something more oriented to the style you want to do.

I hope I helped.

because you were disrespecting the op - and aby your own admission in another thread you really should not be offering advice right now (48 hours + without sleep :))

whos the op? so no advice = cracking jokes

and to make a point, hes asking such a broad general question like what do u want me to say lol.. the homie even stuck a wikipedia ad on him like go look things up ha. if that isnt comical then i dno man

Last edited by a moderator:
whos the op? so no advice = cracking jokes

and to make a point, hes asking such a broad general question like what do u want me to say lol.. the homie even stuck a wikipedia ad on him like go look things up ha. if that isnt comical then i dno man

OP = original poster

no you cracked a joke at his expense which wasn't very funny

and besides which, he did ask for the techniques used in a specific track, we have a policy that does not allow new members to post links until they have made some contribution to the site - it used to be 20. I know some sites that make you post 50 and each of those 50 are moderated first to make sure that you just don't come along and spam your way to the required number of posts

the advice to read wikipedia was better than your just get some drums etc

I sincerely think that you need to get some sleep

if you decide in the morning that you were wrong I may just consider deleting your posts and the reactions to them

In the meantime (said in best dad voice) GO TO BED.......;)

Last edited:
the homie even stuck a wikipedia ad on him like go look things up ha.

Seriously, though. You wanted me to tell the op the whole story of drum and bass, since it's origins, until the development of the specific sub-genre he's asking directions?

I put the wikipedia article on the genre, just to make things easier for him, to know a little more about what he wants to do (as his post makes clear, for me, that he doesn't know much about liquid DnB).

Anyways, go get some sleep, "homie".

Again, to the OP: Try listening to London Elektricity's Pull the Plug album (or any other from him). It's probably exactly what you want to achieve.

Last edited:
Back