How can I make my 808 kicks sound like this?

Not just that juicy j beat though most of his beats the drums hit hard gotta give him his cred. Still trying to get mines like that lol.

Can you explain? I tried to EQ the 808 to sound like that but to no avail. Actually, sometimes I can get it to sound like that, but when I up or lower the pitch it doesn't sound like it does in that song.

or flip around youtube videos which will take alot of time watching different videos to find one that actually shows you how to do something and the producer actually explain point by point what they are doing
I use the fast distortion plug-in in FL Studio and I like the heat preset which I tweak to my needs

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Meek Mill ft. Big Sean "Burn" by Dream Chasers Records on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Are my 808 Kick sounds just horrible? Anytime I try to make an 808 pattern like the one in that song, the pitch changes during the pattern sounds NOTHING like that.

For the 808s to Hit Hard you basicly need to mix the instruments under it and have The kick the Loudest mix, and the 808 the 2nd Loudest mix but have the 808 under the kick.

To resolve the Pitch change problem theres like 3 other Possibilitys:
1. You Put the 808 On the wrong note as the instruments, this usually is the problem, sometimes you can never get it out like you want it to and end up having to use A different 808

2. You have A "synthetic" 808, basicly meaning the 808 was made from a low bass synth which will not give you the actual effect of an 808

3. Wrong type of 808, there are basicly 3 Types of 808's i know, the type that Jahlil beats uses (Hard 808), Lex Luger old 808 like on Taylor Gang (Smooth 808), and Dj Spinz's 808s (Mix of Smooth And Hard) you may be picking the wrong type of 808 for that song and need to put in another one, sometimes the Hard 808 Has to much bass or doesn't, which can affect the song.

Post A Sample Clip in the thread so i can help you more, i can even send you some of the best 808s because most of my tracks contain 808's and i basicly know how to mix and tune them great now. (PM me)

If u clone the channel for each pitch change then change the route note accordingly then u won't get distortion every 808 will hit exactly how's want , u may have like 5 channels just for your 808 but it doesn't matter n wont take up much CPU

If u clone the channel for each pitch change then change the route note accordingly then u won't get distortion every 808 will hit exactly how's want , u may have like 5 channels just for your 808 but it doesn't matter n wont take up much CPU

This is def true. If you use a different channel for each pitch change you can really dial in your eq so your 808s have the same resonance and punch vs. using one channel + eq, which usually means the lower notes will sound good but any higher notes will lose their punch in the mix

I'm working on juke tracks, but having a bit of a problem getting my sub bass lines tight, pluss that extra "kick" in the start of the sample. I've got a few good TR-808 kickdrums, even those with drive. How do I EQ these? Do they sound better if I layer them in individual frequencies, and bus them out to a common bus channel?

I'm looking for kicks like these two you can hear in the beginning of the track:
soundcloud. com/slickshoota/slick-shoota-draw
Like this big sub-boom, and the short-but-yet-powerful kick.

any help? thanks!

I'm working on juke tracks, but having a bit of a problem getting my sub bass lines tight, pluss that extra "kick" in the start of the sample. I've got a few good TR-808 kickdrums, even those with drive. How do I EQ these? Do they sound better if I layer them in individual frequencies, and bus them out to a common bus channel?

I'm looking for kicks like these two you can hear in the beginning of the track:
soundcloud. com/slickshoota/slick-shoota-draw
Like this big sub-boom, and the short-but-yet-powerful kick.

any help? thanks!

Wow I'm actually working on a juke track
now at 126bpm. But I'm thinking about scrapping the beat since the world doesn't know what jook is outside of the down south region. Any do you want your kick and 808 sub to sound like this?
Arthur_D's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I would appreciate that if you wanted to send it to me, i am also having the same tro

Ill take it

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Could I have it? I'm having the same trouble

Hey, thanks for the samples but its easy enough to download a sample I was hoping to know how these bass sounds are made? I'm going to try Multiple instances of massive with a low pass and different wavetables on each. Then I'll bit crush the result and EQ it and add some compression too.

Its only pitched a semi tone up if you put a tuner on it it won't even register as a pitch change so when your setting your glide say from A your glide note will be A#

Back