How can i make an 808 resonate longer?

Gutty502

ive used the resonance envolope in fl, but the envolope dosent seem to offer a true reosonance..... any tips?

the decay wil only take it as far as the 808 goes. another thing u can do is turn the pitch down, but then of course, it will be lower. if u have battery or something that lets u manually timestretch the wave, u can timestretch it so its longer without messing with its pitch.

irthwirm said:
compression

i might be wrong, but i don't think that would work...

Last edited by a moderator:
reverb or Pitch 'n Time. Far better than any other time compression tool. It preserves the original sound better than any other tool i know of.

I don't know if you absolutely want to keep the short 808 sample you've got and make it longer but there's some VST's out there that can sort of emulate the TR-808, you can tweak the attack, decay, release, pitch.... etc.. to your liking. For example you can try Drumatic 3, it's a free VST you can get here http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php

Tonio

oh, you mean making a SAMPLE longer? I thought you were talking about a real 808.

just get a new sample... there are plenty out there.

or synthesize that kind of sound yourself (look for my detailed explanation of "bass drop" creation.

Add a sine wav from a oscillator under the 808 and play with the attack.

I use FL Studio's demo though, so I can only speak for Terrel.

Terrel said:
Add a sine wav from a oscillator under the 808 and play with the attack.

I use FL Studio's demo though, so I can only speak for Terrel.

that's another way

Back