how can i achieve this sound effect? so complicated...

jaydizzy

hi fp guys.
i been messin with this sounds that come in 3:11...
it seems like drums that are pitch-automationed or something ... but i dont know what exactly this sound is
and when the bridge comes in, you can hear that pitch down effect like minimoog's resonance used sine wave. but i dont know what it is

i mainly use massive.. so how can i achieve this effect? it so complicated that i dont know where i start

please help me guys

Last edited by a moderator:
jaydizzy;4******4 said:
https://youtu.be/aeMfkNaJF2Y

hi fp guys.
i been messin with this sounds that come in 3:11...
it seems like drums that are pitch-automationed or something ... but i dont know what exactly this sound is
and when the bridge comes in, you can hear that pitch down effect like minimoog's resonance used sine wave. but i dont know what it is

i mainly use massive.. so how can i achieve this effect? it so complicated that i dont know where i start

please help me guys

Two solutions I think :

1. Start with a loop of the drums and add a pitch stop effect. Many vsts can achieve that, including Effectrix, TapeStop and GrossBeat

2. Start with a loop of the drums and automate the pitch to go down 2 or 3 octaves quickly

Hope that helps !

Try not using a vst for your drums at the point when you want the fill, just putting them straight in your daw as an audio clip. Then copy and paste them loads of times on 32nd or 64th notes to make a drum roll. Then add a pitch shifter and automate the pitch downwards.

it has absolutely nothing to do with the drums and everything to do with a keyboard/synth sound

it is essentially an lfo that is automated to speed up that is used to control the vca/amplitude of the synth patch (a classic hammond organ sound (stacked sine waves at the octave and the octave + 5th (12th), adsr that is almost set to be 1-1-5-2 (i.e. fast attack, decay and release and moderate sustain level) is the basis of this sound) whilst at the same time the filter is closed and the pitch is moved down through notes of the scale

i.e. the stutter comes from fast gating (via the sped up automation of the lfo use a square wave or saw wave for the lfo, maybe even a pulse width mod square wave for additional control of the on-off pattern) of the amplitude

in massive you could apply this either at the oscillator level or at the vca level

Back