Is this Hot or Wack?

I like the straight cut you put on your samples but I know not everybody like it. I think the appreciation of this track will be more definitive with an artist on it. But I really like it.:D

Well make sure your submitting the right music to right labels

example don't southern music to a jazz label west music to east labels etc

not my kinda track to be honest but im sure there are artist that might like this

Nice flip on the samples. Could be a track for a conscious rapper or R&b artist, except that there is no real verse section. Real Jazzy potential. *TIP* get with a nice piano player and create a verse section by really flipping it by adding in a soft piano(effect) and light(hollow) drums. Use harder drums for the hook(piece you have) TRUST ME. I know it seems like I'm recommending a lot but if it wasn't already kinda hot I wouldn't bother. Good Luck!

That beat has some good parts, but it's discordant in some to so that kills it, could be something speacil though.

overall i think it sounds pretty good, i like how the sitar slowly comes in, but something is wrong with it, imo, its hard to tell cause im at work with some crappy speakers but something sounds off, maybe its just me tho

im just hearing it on my laptop atm, so if u got bass in there i can't hear it so that's the laptop's prob -- but i can see big potential in it - i think the prob with it is the piano, it goes too long - get rid of the last 3 notes of it, so u only have the first 8 notes - cause the last 3 ones are clashing with the key u move into. Maybe also for a chorus or whatever put a long string note under it for the whole chorus - like the root note or maybe the fifth note - not sure if that made sense... really liking what u have there though, the beat is awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
your samples are out of key, and it sounds very bad, when you sample multiple songs or compose over a sample, you have to make sure they are in key. every song recorded is in some kind of scale, so when you chop up two songs, chances are they are on different songs, and you will get a result like that when putting the chops together, you have to make sure they are on the same scale or you only take notes from each song that mesh together in a certain scale.

i seriously think the problem is just with the piano -- cause the first time round it sounds cool, then dies cause the piano goes too long. Also, is it just me or does the piano seem to wander? Did you quantize the sample to the beat?

Keep workin on your stuff mate, experience is what makes us, learn more and more every day and your stuff will get better and better.

:) ha! sorry but at first you have to be very courage to sent this poor track to labels. no offence! the track is very poor, the structure sux, you know i even cant name it as a track, maybe a loop! maybe more instrument and interpretations in structure helped...

Back