"holla" (busta rhymes) synth

T

TrebleWitoutAPause

yo i'm a reaon 3.0 user and i think the synth that's the main line in "holla" by busta rhymes (also in "dogs out" by DMX) is rly hot. does nebody kno a reason patch that is this synth or similar or one that i can manipulate in the combi to get it like this?
thanx

I don't know about Reason but there is a patch in my Hypersonic that sounds almost identical. With a little teaking it sounds just like it. It's called "Gangsta Lead" under 'Soft Leads'.

if we're thinking of the same synth, the Dog Is Out which samples Stacy Lattisaw is definitely not using that infamous West Coast Synth

im not talkin bout dat west coast" whistle" thing in "nuthin but a g thang." listen to record "holla" before u even reply cuz u'll kno exactly wut i meant...

I have the Genesis album, there's a synth in there that's similar to the west coast synths, its the main melody, its based from the sine lead, but with different properties, that's what 85maestro was talking about

nah.. they not man..
but what u are talking about is the whistle...
thas not what we talking about..
check the clip i put in sound click....

One

That's the whistle played in a lower octave. Play it lower down on the keyboard.

yeah that One is kinda alike but it need the ghost effect... and some other stuff.. but that one will work...

Thanks
One

Back