Hip-Hop future of music?

jpixels

I notice music genres seem to be merging more and more, with people like britney spears making more hip-hop oriented albums, timbaland etc...also hip-hop is accesible to anyone, any individual can become a star given they have talent and are determined...this is why hip-hop is my favourite music because it is so natural, and the ppl who think its talentless, I challenge them to flow a rap that sounds even listenable lol

whats ur opinions

There's a difference between Pop and Hip Hop... That's all I gotta say.

Last edited by a moderator:
TonyV said:
its all loop based music and its gettin old

True... but it that really doesn't matter... Of course, as producers, we're gonna say stuff like that but the average music consumer has no clue and doesn't give a s**t as long as it sounds good to them.

T-Vo Beats said:
True... but it that really doesn't matter... Of course, as producers, we're gonna say stuff like that but the average music consumer has no clue and doesn't give a s**t as long as it sounds good to them.
very true

i would say that the NEW pop music, or the "cheesy" hip hop...is now much more of the new dance music...the fusion of pop and hip hop...true hip hop heads, like true jazz heads...will always have their music, and the popular music will change with the times

everyone on here is sayin some real s**t... I believe that times will always be changing wheather we like it or not. You can be the beatmaker that continues to pump out the classic hiphop beats that everyone remembers from back in the day, and that's alright, but music is a business. If people are feelin the dance music, that's what's gonna be made because that's what's gonna get you paid.

as long as the big 4 (soon to be 3) keep pumping money into it, it will be around.

its essentially a genre that looks backwards rather than forwards, so it will appeak to a certain audience, im not a fan myself though, i prefer the innovation of drum n bass, as from a producers point of view, it gives me more stimulus.

any genre that becomes easily accessible to the masses becomes popular. as true hip hop artist continue to evolve, so should the people, music, and artist of that culture. hip hop must grow to reach another plateau, and seperate itself from the commercialized downgraded version of what people have hybrid it into.

I agree that this new age rap is just has some pop influences. It's a lot more dance oriented and the rappers just spit jibberish. Some can flow but they're rhymes have no depth. Just BS.

every genre of music has went through the same thing. when r&b was at the top of it's game in the 70's, you had everybody stealing and copying the style. R&B got so bland and poppish it became disco.
it took the true r&b diehards to bring it back.

There are people out there doing innovative things with hip hop, but it's just not accessible to the masses, or they just don't like it. Don't blame hip hop, blame the people. If you are in it to make money, you will either do what has been successful in the past (all the garbage that is coming out these days) or take a stab in the dark and try to move hip hop in a new direction, which people may or may not feel. Just like in politics, if you want to get anything done, you usually have to appeal to a lot of people and then you can start innovating and changing things. The way things are set up now, it is really hard for a new sound to emerge. If you are an established artist, like Timbo, it is much easier....

I think Hip Hop bands are going to be the next big part of rap music, where a rapper has a band along with a producer. As much as I love sampling, our generation needs to contribute more original music or there won't be anything left for the next generation to sample.

hip hop...in any form...will always be around...it's always changed and reorganized, but it aint goin nowhere

Pop music has been killing it, it won't be so mainstream in a few years - We've got crappy alternapop starting to take that roll.

most people can rhyme...some of them that can rhyme can rap...and some of those rappers are mc's...and out of those mc's some of em are lyricist....my take on it.

TonyV said:
its all loop based music and its gettin old

Every music you hear is loop based since every song gotta respect a theory , a structure. So every music other than progressive or classical progressive. music is loop based music and its not gettin old since there will always be a structure in the songs we hear. The difference betwen Hip-Hop and Metal if we talk about the structure would be that Metal will often had Solo and Bridges and you wont find em in hip-hop. Hip-hop is more Chorus verse Chorus Verse type and often you dont even have a chorus...

djstasiak said:
There are people out there doing innovative things with hip hop, but it's just not accessible to the masses, or they just don't like it. Don't blame hip hop, blame the people. If you are in it to make money, you will either do what has been successful in the past (all the garbage that is coming out these days) or take a stab in the dark and try to move hip hop in a new direction, which people may or may not feel. Just like in politics, if you want to get anything done, you usually have to appeal to a lot of people and then you can start innovating and changing things. The way things are set up now, it is really hard for a new sound to emerge. If you are an established artist, like Timbo, it is much easier....

Totally agree, man...there is some awesome stuff out there, but enough people haven't shown interest in it to get record labels off their asses to get it out there...

Someone mentioned HIp HOP as loop based and boring for that...I know what is meant by the statement, perhaps there isn't enough "musicianship" in the genre...that's something I think should be improved, but all music is somewhat loop based in the sense that certain parts repeat throughout the song with small variations... (hope this makes sense)

I think HIP HOP will be around in some form or another...at this point it has pierced the collective unconscious of the world...It won't disappear easily!

Back