High pitched Machine gun/stutter synth?

Halfnatty

Hi guys, been trying to make a synth i REALLY like the sound of, but I dont know what this type is called so I cant find any tutorials on it. Its the high pitched machine gun type synth that can be found at 0.51 in Different Heaven & EH!DE - Paradise (can't post links yet) and a few other songs.

I've been trying to use the phase modulation in massive combined with double notch/daft filters but I can't seem to get it sounding as thick and punchy as these do. Any help or links to tutorialsa would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Post what you have so far?

Generally 'thick' 'loud' 'punchy' is any sound that has some low-frequency content + good mixing and lots of compression/distortion

I got the basic timbre with a sawtooth wave in the lowest octave phase modulated with a sine wave 4 octaves up, then modulating the volume of the modulator by a square LFO for the machine gun effect

Last edited:
soundcloud /officialinviktus/test

That's what I have at the moment. The patch for the high pitched part also has a sub sin wave layered in with it, would you have that or keep it separate?
Thanks, I'll have a go at making something like what you described

If you want to share a private link you have to use the link under share, not just copy paste the URL

The sub is part of the patch: you are playing an bass note it's just the phase modulation which makes it high pitched.
I forgot to mention to put an LFO on a lowpass as well so the unmodulated saw wave is lowpassed.

Back