Hey All beautiful people I need some help

What key is this played in?

Is there any method for finding it out for my self?

Thanks in advance you are a nice person with a nice set of hair.

I don't know what key it is played in but the method I always use to find that out is to bring the track into my DAW and play along while the track is playing. First I usually start with a bass and play around with single notes until I find the ones that fit. Then since I know the single notes I'll start playing with piano chords that contain those notes and I can usually determine the key of the song that way, and the chord progression.

I use a program called Mixed In Key on all tracks I DJ with. Tells you the key with high accuracy amongst other things, you can tag the files with it too. Pretty nifty although it used to be cheaper.

Hey Nostyle,

I don't mean to be mean, but please ignore the comments before mine.
They are largely incorrect.

As FrankTheAnvil has correctly found out, this song is set in A minor
(Unfortunately, the chords are incorrect).

The intro starts out 100% A minor:

Am | F | Em | Am

But I guess your question was about what follows after that.
This song what's known as "modal interchange" once the vocals come in:

Am | B (V/V) - E (from harmonic minor)
Am | D (from Dorian)
F | D | F | D

It mostly repeats these chords after that.

Sound confusing? Let me know what's unclear and I'll shed some light.

Best,
Friedemann

You can look at it in edison>markers>detect pitch regions, and try to find the root by ear.

This, and also if you have a tuner plugin, play the sample in your playlist and put the tuner in the master track. Highlight the first note of the sample and thats probably your key. If not close. Use a site that has virtual pianos to play all keys in the selected key with the sample and use your ear. With all these responses, there is one common answer. You have to be able to use your ear for this. After some time this will get very easy to do. I struggled with this for a while.

I don't mean to be mean, but please ignore the comments before mine.
They are largely incorrect.

Yeah that is an F not a Dmin my bad. BUTTT, how is every other comment incorrect? People making suggestions on finding keys of songs and the methods they use. Is there a correct way? You didn't even provide a method to do it. So please don't put other people down who are just trying to help someone learn how to do something for themselves so they don't have to post every song they are trying to find the key of. No offense meant.

Hey FrankTheAnvil,

You're right, forgive me. Don't know what I was thinking. :) The ideas you presented in your comment was actually a valid approach.

I was referring to djnoceebah's comment that this is "in a minor" (which should be "A minor" to start with). Yes, it's in A minor,
but I'm assuming the question was about the "weird" chords.

Again, didn't mean to be mean and forgive me if I offended anyone :)

Best,
Friedemann

Back