Help with sound effects

greenball

Hi everybody! How are you?

I'm composer and I just started to get into the sound design world, which is amazingly big, and it requires like a lot of knowledge, though it is just amazing.

The thing is, I'm starting with sound effects and I get lost learning how to create syntetic sounds for videogames.

Here for example those "blops" "pops" and those which changes the pitch. How do you create this kind of sound? Do you know any books to learn about this?

thank you very much

Greenball

Attachments

• soundexample.mp3
    317.8 KB · Views: 77
i would also suggest recording various things in your environment just walk around hitting on different things and recorded it if it sounds cool ive been doing that alot lately

try using pitch modulation envelopes or lfos with square waves and set it to modulate/bend fast and maybe only use one oscillator

For those types of sounds you don't really look farther than synth design.

But if you eventually get into more realistic sounds, those are done methodically with foley recording. But you might be surprised what you can do in your studio with just a few mics. Go stab a cabbage for stabbing effects. Stuff like that.

Edit: And whatever sounds you end up making, as a huge gamer myself, try to make a large amount of them. Nothing drives me more insane in a game than repetitive sound.

Last edited:
Back