Help With Sampled R&B Beat (Low Pass Filter)

Fatniqqa

Using FL Studio 12

I am trying to make an r&b beat for someone. I've chopped the sample and made a loop, which is fine. I have added it to the mixer and I applied the "simple triangle lowpass LFO" from the presets in the fruity filter section. I cut down the res, env and I have somewhat achieved the low filtered sound I want, but i can't get the volume to stay the same, it's literally going loud and quiet. And I'm not sure how to apply this filter to the sample properly.

Any help?

This is the filter so far - https://clyp.it/gdi2bgsv

Last edited:
I'm not sure what ya mean since that's how filters work.
Those are like volume sliders that can control the volume in ways a regular fader could not :/

Yeah, to me, that's a little too much low, and not enough pass... If'n you know what I mean. But if that's the way you want it; I'm not sure what KonKossKang meant by "automation," but I'll wager he didn't mean "automatic." You're going to have to put in a volume envelope, manually click-in your control points, and then raise and lower specific sections until you are satisfied. At that point, when you save and hit playback, the custom volume envelope you made for your track will play back the same way every time and you will have successfully implemented "automation." But slapping on a plug and expecting it to automatically control volume in the way that you want will not yield successful results; "automation is not automatic."

High frequencies bouncing

Iv been having a problem myself with a sampled beat but instead of the volume, the high frequencies within the samples sound like there bouncing all over the place and seem out of place in the mix, i have tried eq but when i try cut the high end out the samples sound filtered and not as smooth. Has anybody got any recommendations of a more subtle EQ or maybe a gate?

@Fatniqqa

I guess you just want a static filter, right?

@RedJRecords

I think you'll have to describe more in detail what you want to achieve.

@mad phonetics

i want to achieve a nice balance in the mids and with a little of the high frequencies but just roll of the top, but every time i do it just sounds filtered, iv used logic stock eq & fabfilter eq is there any plugins that can cut frequencies very subtly but still allow a nice smooth sound to the audio. Or could it just be my sample?

I would use fruity peak controller. Put it on the chain after the filter effect, and set the settings to the volume you want it to stay constantly at. Then take the volume fader for desired track and link controller. Make sure the controller that you choose is the peak controller. That should be in man, since basically this is automatic automation.

Back