Help problem with getting ideas from mind into the piano roll.

Anubhav

Sup guys,
I noticed this thing that I can't express
myself on the piano roll like what I mean is I would have a melody in mind and I won't be able to plot it in the roll and make it sound how i want it to.

I tried to press all the notes while humming and trying but 99% of times it still doesn't give me the result I want and is very inefficient.
I don't know how to play any instrument and learning from a teacher would not be possible in person.
I'm ready to work hard to develop this skill as I have seen many other producers who don't play to find their way around the piano roll and get the proper melody.
I have seen many of them even just plotting deafly (with out seeing the key sounds at all) and get that result
Can you link me to what I have to learn or practice to get this skill.
I'm ready to do hard work but I just don't know where to start and what to do I'm so puzzled.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi! As you said learning an instrument is best, but Have you tried the stickied posts in this forum. Read them. Then try programming a melody. Post audio here. Good luck!

Its really no simpler than singing a note then playing it on your instrument. Learning to play and transcribing songs as well as ear training is a start.
There are only 12 notes in western music.

yep ear training - training your ear to recognise notes and intervals (more specifically intervals) and chords is a good first step along with learning at least one instrument, probably keyboard as there are fewer issues than with other instruments

try teoria.com

Back