Help on making Hip-hop on FL

Lucky7

Hello i been making rap beats on FL for about a year by now n i have a good mount of them n i was wondering if you had any tips on makiing them like, how many instruments should be in a beat n how long the verses should be n **** like that, n also howe to keep the rythym catchy, if any one has aim or yahoo thatc an listen to my beat to mic and tell me what i need to do to them to make thems ound better or what so ever message me to my aim or yahoo please----Please respond

Verses=16 bars
Chorus=8 bars
Bridge=like 4-8 bars
Intro/Outro=4-8 bars each

That^^is just the usual or standard procedure....
banana.gif

Lucky7 said:
oh ok, but whats a bridge?

u've been listening to music for how long?

You've been making music for one year? and you don't know what is a bridge?

ok, basically, its when after the 2nd verse theres a break in the song, with sometimes a different melody, a change in the beat, well it depends on the type of music, theres so many type of bridge.

Try listening to RnB and other type of music, you'll notice there's often bridges it help the song not to be monotonuous.

Peace.

as for the rest of the questions.. we can't tell you how to be creative.. whatever works for each composition. there are no rules or formulas.

If it sounds empty and you plan on having a lyricist on it, just remember that.. if not, fill up those frequencies a little more.

Yeah towards the end of the song there will be like a change in the beat and the singer starts singing a lil different too.......listen to the song by Chris Brown--"Run it".......it comes in near the 3rd verse.

Back