Help Identifying an instrument in a song

I listened yesterday and thought that it was just a regular piano sound but with a lot of modulation and reverb/delay.

I'll listen again when I get back in later today.....

hard to tell what is with all that heavy bass, it's drowning everything out.

Yea it is playing the background a whole lot

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I listened yesterday and thought that it was just a regular piano sound but with a lot of modulation and reverb/delay.

I'll listen again when I get back in later today.....

Thnx. Appreciate the help and thats what it seems like to me but when I replay the notes on a couple different piano sounds on a vst they dont seem to have the same timbre (haha this is my first time using a musical term like this lol).

So, first up use octave doubling: G[sup]#[/sup][sub]3[/sub]-A[sub]3[/sub]-E[sub]3[/sub]-F[sub]3[/sub] and G[sup]#[/sup][sub]4[/sub]-A[sub]4[/sub]-E[sub]4[/sub]-F[sub]4[/sub].

Then use the VST of choice.

Send the vst to a fast tremelo

Send the tremelo to a delay set to about 60ms with a little feedback.

Should now be very close. Maybe add some DX7 bells at the octave only for a bit of sparkle.

Usual caveats about Fl Studio needing to add 2 to the octave subscript to be in the correct place (i.e. C[sub]3[/sub] (middle C) = C[sub]5[/sub] in Fl Studio)

So, first up use octave doubling: G[SUP]#[/SUP][SUB]3[/SUB]-A[SUB]3[/SUB]-E[SUB]3[/SUB]-F[SUB]3[/SUB] and G[SUP]#[/SUP][SUB]4[/SUB]-A[SUB]4[/SUB]-E[SUB]4[/SUB]-F[SUB]4[/SUB].

Should now be very close. Maybe add some DX7 bells at the octave only for a bit of sparkle.

Usual caveats about Fl Studio needing to add 2 to the octave subscript to be in the correct place (i.e. C[SUB]3[/SUB] (middle C) = C[SUB]5[/SUB] in Fl Studio)

:bigeyes:wow. you're like a genius at this lol, like how are you able to do this with so much detail, thats crazy :berzerk:

Ill try what you said, thanks/ Much Appreciated. :cheers:

:bigeyes:wow. you're like a genius at this lol, like how are you able to do this with so much detail, thats crazy :berzerk:

Ill try what you said, thanks/ Much Appreciated. :cheers:

I've been working with audio in one form or another since 1974, when I was 11.

I spent quite a few years working with the TX812 (a pair of DX7's in a rack box) and the other stuff is just listening and application.

Tremelo is volume modulation.

Delays are delays, and in most cases we are using short ones rather than long ones in this type of sound design.

So, first up use octave doubling: G[SUP]#[/SUP][SUB]3[/SUB]-A[SUB]3[/SUB]-E[SUB]3[/SUB]-F[SUB]3[/SUB] and G[SUP]#[/SUP][SUB]4[/SUB]-A[SUB]4[/SUB]-E[SUB]4[/SUB]-F[SUB]4[/SUB].

Usual caveats about Fl Studio needing to add 2 to the octave subscript to be in the correct place (i.e. C[SUB]3[/SUB] (middle C) = C[SUB]5[/SUB] in Fl Studio)

Lol Spot on!

Back