HELP! How do I make this Synth/Lead/Sub!!!

dezmondo007

Hey I'm not exactly sure what to characterize the sound that I'm trying to recreate into(hence the title) but I'm going to leave 3 links all with a similar use of this electronic sound used in the lows. I'm using ableton Live 9. Am very familiar with the Operator synth (but also have a lot to learn). so far I've been trying to recreate this sound using a combination of oscillators (some created with free plugins), EQ 8, overdrive, and Chorus.

I'm not trying to copy any of these songs. I just want to learn how to recreate the specific bassy sound found in these tracks so that i can evolve it into my own unique version. You get where I'm going.

Just to clarify: I'm new to producing, I am unaware of many of the proper terms to use, the sound I'm looking for is very low, deep, almost sounds like a sub or a deep pad. all of these songs have this sound.

Misogi-Coldark: sound comes in at 0:16 (it's muffled) and then opens up at about 0:46. @ 1:21 you can hear it by itself but It's got some kind of low pass on it.

Ifyouhadazuneihateyou - bones: sound comes in at 8 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nesting ft. hnrk - drip 133: comes in at 0:31

I could really use the help. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back