HELP!! CUBASE OR A 505????

S

shiftyp

I've worked out that it will cost me roughly the same amount of money to upgrade my computer (better soundcard etc)and buy the latest version of Cubase, as it would to buy a Roland Groovebox MC505 and a half decent sampler (second hand.) i have used a 505 on many occasions and i do like them a lot, but have heard that the new Cubase is also a top peice of kit. I havn't used Cubase for years and years, it was probably the first version that i used in my freinds bedroom in around 95-96. I've heard that the advantage of the 505 is that it is hands on, and you can do two things at once which you cant do with a computer, is this true?

Which should i go for....i genuinely cant decide and would appreciate some help.

My budget is around £7-800, are there any better peices of kit for that kind of money?

Cheers

you're right with the hands-thing, at least with knobs etc... you have to program all knob events one by one. two-hand works only in computer software with real mixer connected to midi.

Cubase is a fantastic piece of kit, but at the end of the day it is nothing more than an audio sequencer/processor this is great if you want to add all your audio/midi in one place and play it as a song. also effect the overall mix with EQ and effects etc. But a handfull of external devices such as 505 and sampler are also a great thing to have?
i am currently running VST 3.7 ,soundforge,Fruityloops2,Reason and a few other pieces of kit and cubase is still the one where i bring everything else ive created together it is a must if your serious about producing?
if u want more advice contact my email
morebass@massforce.fsnet.co.uk
Cheers m8
DJ M_TECH

Thanks M tech, i'll do a bit more research and be in touch.

CUBASE

No problem!
Ive been studying sound engineering for 3 years and producing for about 2 and a 1/2 and i could not live without cubase? so if you need any advice contact us

Back