Help with club beats?

Is there a question in there?
If you're not succesful in getting something that sounds as awful :p as your example, practice more, listen to the track and try to dissect it to every individual instrument. Don't be a lazy ass!
While you're at it, wouldn't you wanna concentrate more on the old style hiphop? Some real music? :pointing:

Please future producers, tell me the secret to becoming an awesome producer straight away so I can get signed and get my song played in clubs next week, and keep it simple, don't want anything too technical.

If you're not succesful in getting something that sounds as awful :p as your example, practice more, listen to the track and try to dissect it to every individual instrument. Don't be a lazy ass!
While you're at it, wouldn't you wanna concentrate more on the old style hiphop? Some real music? :pointing:

^^Exactly. By the time you finish breaking this track down and learning how to make each element you'll know how to make a club track.

i know they say theyre are supposed to be simple and i can do almost any kinda beat but this kind here is an example of what im goin for (bandcoach? lol)
https://soundcloud.com/tropakana/dat-rite-emdubai-ft-tropakana thanks

Please future producers, tell me the secret to becoming an awesome producer straight away so I can get signed and get my song played in clubs next week, and keep it simple, don't want anything too technical.
is this a joke

if you didnt have anything of substance to contribute please dont post. if you dont like my choice of music thats up to you. i can make old hiphop shit and everything else i struggle with making stuff for the club. i left a reference track of what im going for. now smart ass comments aside anyone have any insight for me

It's still a pretty vague request.
Do you want to learn which notes and chords to use? How to do sound design? How to make your track cohesive? How to get the right rhythm? How to mix or master your track? How to write a catchy hook?

What you're asking would take years to learn. We're not going to be able to summarize the things you need to know, in a paragraph or two, even if we were all sucessful club producers and totally willing to give away free advice.

s and totally willing to give away free advice.
Complementing: ... which we are. That's the whole point of FP as a community.

OP, even though we had some sarcastic answers here, you are asking things that are, as said above, acquired with years and years and years of practicing. I advice you to focus on your production skills, and practice a lot. There are tons of questions related to club-oriented genres here on FP that have already been answered, and you can just find them through the search function.

Then, if even after reading those old threads you still have issues, just ask (but please, be specific on what you want.)

@scrapheaper yes what chords and notes to use and make it catchy

@scrapheaper yes what chords and notes to use and make it catchy
Well, at a very basic level, that song is in a minor key so you want to use a minor key too.
As the bass plays mostly the root note, (the note that the key is) and you need the bass to be low enough to have impact but not be so low as to be inaudible, I suggest keys in the range E minor to A minor.
Start messing about with chords from that key.

There's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum about learning music theory, I suggest you have a look there too.

Edit: didn't see Ddream's post, just do what he said.

Last edited:
Don't get too down on the sarcastic comments - But people are trying to say that its a massive subject that has to be learnt the hard way with sweat and tears. You can't just ask for the formula and hit the HIT button.

Wait... I though that if I joined, you guys will give me the secret plugins to sound professional?

even tho beats may sound simple it is a lot of technical things that go into even the simplest of beats music theory is key this beat is simple but u still need to see what the key so you can get the bassline and also rhythm plays a major part learn the rhythm! but i can tell u this listen to make it rain by travis porter then listen to this! just to to recreate this beat

Last edited:
Back