Help with audio in frutiy loops

northern monkey

Hi,
I have an accapella version of Liberty X which I want to try and remix. The problem is that I can import the wav file into Frutiyloops but i don't know how i can then speed up the vocals the be able to produce a dance track with them.
If anyone knows how this can be done please let me know.
It's driving me nuts.

Cheers

Northern Monkey

I suggest you should probably do the tempo change in a wav editor like Cool Edit or Soundforge. Its got timestretching effects in the program that will let you increase the tempo without altering pitch. So you can then import your modified wav file into fruity and work from there.

you could also move the sample up to C6 form C5 or watever speed sounds right to you then Lay the track down to that. You might have to chop the acapella into pieces though because sometimes if the sample is to long it falls off beat. Either that or get the right speed then export/import it into beatslicer t the right bpm.

Hey,

DONT chop up each 'word' from the acapella...
If the accapalla is at for instance 100 bpm, and you want it to set it in like 175 bpm, you could set the accapella in the right speed using fruity's pianoroll. The normal speed is at a C5, you should put it above that one if you want to speed up the vocal, if you want to slow down the vocal you should sample it lower then a C5.
Try and listen to it while playing it with a simple beat in the playlist. Keep listening till it is perfectly sync. If its sync but not perfectly, try to pitch it a bit with the pitch control or 'fine' knob.

Next step is to export the vocal to a wave file. Not the whole 'song' but just the 'pattern' with the pitched vocal in it.
You dont want to have this 'pitched' up vocal that sounds like an ellephant.. Open the modified sample in a wav editor program, (I prefer Cool Edit) and simply 'Transpose' the sound. For instance, if its too high you should transpose it low etc.

This is the best way imo.

Good luck!

jin

Could someone PLEASE tell me what I can do about the following problem I have wit my Fruity Loops (4.1)???

I can no longer adjust the volume of any instruments, plug-ins etc, I can't adjust the levels of anything and cant adjust the tempo...

I've tried uninstalling it but it still don't work afetr re-installing it!

Can someone PLEASE suggest suttin, either on dis forum or possible e-mail me @ tek_nang@yahoo.co.uk

Bless'
Complekz

P.S Chek out manz beatz on auction @ WWW.BIDONBEATS.COM under "complekz" AND chek manz beatz @ WWW.ISOUND.COM/COMPLEKZ and give man sum feedback bless?

You could restore your system to a date when you know FL worked, just go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore, and set the date to restore to.

It might also help to update to FL 5, which is free, assuming you have a legal version of FL.....

Back